Thursday 10 March 2016

Rio Ferdinand reveals his greatest memory of Sir Alex Ferguson

West Bromwich Albion v Manchester United - Premier League

So, why was this Ferdinand’s greatest memory of Ferguson we hear you ask?

"His speech in changing room at Stadium of Light when we lost league to Man City.. Inspiring!” he said during a Twitter Q&A when asked of the greatest memory of his former manager.
While the 140 character limit on Twitter meant Ferdinand didn’t divulge into the details of Ferguson's speech, he mentioned it at the end of season just 24 hours after the crushing day.

"I'm a dinosaur. I'm an absolute dinosaur. But what I am, I'm a winner," Ferguson was quoted as saying, as per the Manchester Evening News.
"I said to all these players yesterday when we lost the league to Leeds United in 1992 the young players came out and all the Liverpool fans were asking the players for their autogrpahs. And they were tearing them up.
"I says to Giggs 'remember this day' and I said exactly to them yesterday: 'Those Sunderland fans that cheered for City, remember the day'. We won't forget that, I'm telling you."

No comments:

Post a Comment