Thursday 25 February 2016

Memphis Depay admits he’s a Man Utd flop

 Manchester United winger Memphis Depay has admitted he has been a failure at the club so far.

The Netherlands international arrived at Old Trafford from PSV Eindhoven with high hopes last summer. But the 22-year-old is yet to reach the levels expected of him at the time of his £31m transfer.
His indifferent form has seen him become a target for United fans’ anger in recent months.
Having scored 22 goals in 30 league games for PSV in their title-winning campaign last term, Depay has managed just two goals in his 20 Premier League appearances to date.
Depay freely admits that what he has served up to the Old Trafford faithful so far has not been good enough.
Asked if he had lived up to his expectations so far, he told The Times: “No. Not yet. I know that. I will continue to fight for it.
“I have a lot of expectations on myself. That’s important. The club is busy and I am busy to improve it.
“I don’t want to put a date on it or say when [I will meet expectations] but it will come. Confidence will help and experience. You learn from your mistakes.
“Those moments they will come and I will work and focus on it.”
Depay will have a summer off, with the Netherlands having failed to qualify for Euro 2016. He – and United – will hope he returns stronger for his second season in English football.

No comments:

Post a Comment