Thursday 25 February 2016

Van Gaal stopped me leaving Man Utd - Varela

 Speaking to Uruguayan radio station Sport 890: Varela said: "Because I saw I wouldn't play, I would have
few chances, I spoke to the manager and he told me that no, I couldn't go, because I was going to play.
"Everything happened so quickly that you don't believe that you're playing in the most important league in the world. I take it calmly, train and look forward."

Varela spent last season on loan at Real Madrid, where he played in the club's Castilla side under current first-team coach Zinedine Zidane.
"Zidane taught us to have respect, solidarity and to work hard," he said.
"We had an excellent year and we learned several things.
"I'm happy for him and his new job at Real Madrid. I feel I improved quickly in the game under his guidance."
Having experienced first-team football, Varela has set his sights on becoming a regular at Old Trafford.
"It’s all about continuing to work hard and trying to win the confidence of the coach," he added.
"Firstly, I love being at Manchester United and I’d love to enjoy a long career here and win everything that comes in our path. Then, looking ahead, playing for the national team of course."

No comments:

Post a Comment