Tuesday 26 April 2016

Why this Tottenham star would be my first-choice signing -- Diego Maradona

Maradona, who won the World Cup in 1986, is confident that Napoli fans will have seen the last of Higuain
at the end of the current campaign, but he has one player in mind who he’d like to see replace the Argentine, and it’s the Premier League top scorer, Kane.
“I know De Laurentiis, and I think he will sell Higuain,” Maradona told Piuenne TV (via Goal). “Higuain gave his best to Napoli, I don’t think he can repeat this kind of form. We already saw it happen with Ezequiel Lavezzi.
“With the money he will earn, he will have to build a great team. It’s not easy to replace Higuain, if it was up to me, I would choose Tottenham’s Harry Kane.
“I don’t know how much he costs, but I would sign him.”
Kane’s 24 goals in the top flight this season have seen him help Spurs push for the league title with Leicester City, but a draw against West Bromwich Albion last night essentially secured the Foxes’ glory, as they need just three points from their final three games.
The striker’s emergence at Spurs has been remarkable as he finished his first full season in the Premier League with 21 goals last year and the PFA Young Player of the Year award to boot.

No comments:

Post a Comment