Tuesday 24 May 2016

Memphis Depay reacts to Manchester United’s decision to sack Louis van Gaal

The 22-year-old doesn’t appear to be particularly upset or shocked by the news.
“A love-hate relationship [with Van Gaal]? I don’t know,” Memphis was quoted as telling De Telegraaf by
the Manchester Evening News. “And now he leaves, as things go in football, as in life. And you learn and you become stronger.”

Asked if his future as a United player will be affected by Van Gaal’s departure, the Dutchman continued: “No, this does not affect me. I am happy to be at Manchester United and the board is happy with me.”

Memphis, despite the fact his first season has been a huge disappointment, is confident he will still be at Old Trafford next season.
“I say this because I believe in myself and work hard,” he added.
“If the arrival of Mourinho becomes official, I’ll ask Wesley Sneijder what kind of man he is," Depay was quoted as saying by the Guardian. "That’s interesting. It all sounds so, but it is not yet official.”

Asked if he had lived up to his price tag earlier this season, Memphis told the Daily Mail: “No. Not yet. I know that. I will continue to fight for it.
“I have a lot of expectations on myself. That's important. The club is busy and I am busy to improve it.

“I don't want to put a date on it or say when [I will meet expectations] but it will come. Confidence will help and experience. You learn from your mistakes.
“Those moments they will come and I will work and focus on it.”


No comments:

Post a Comment