Wednesday 16 March 2016

Jurgen Klopp admits: I had no idea who this player was when I arrived at Liverpool

 Klopp says he didn’t know who the player was when he returned to Liverpool after his temporary switch.

““When I came here, one or two months later Allan was here and I said ‘who is this?'”
Jurgen Klopp
“When I came here, one or two months later Allan was here and I said ‘who is this?’
“‘He is a player for us and the week before he became a champion in Finland.’ ‘Interesting - why didn’t he play here?’ ‘Because it’s not possible.’ And then I started learning about the FA rules and things like this.
"I saw him in training and I thought ‘oh my God, what can we do to keep this boy here and bring him into the line-up?’
“He’s 19 years old, an outstanding talent, a good player with a good attitude, everybody loves him, he’s a nice lad – so that’s really, really good. He’s a smart player.”
Allan is now at Belgian side Sint-Truidense, where he’s continuing his development while waiting for a UK visa.

No comments:

Post a Comment